If your cat urinates on your mattress, it is important to clean it as soon as possible to avoid any odors or stains. To clean the urine, you will need:
•A vacuum cleaner
•A dustpan and brush
How to Remove Cat Urine from Mattress
If you have a cat and have had to clean up their urine from your mattress, you are not alone. Unfortunately, cat urine is very stubborn and can be difficult to remove.
Here are a few tips to help you get the urine out of your mattress:
- Pour a container of white vinegar onto the area of the mattress that has urine. Let the vinegar soak into the padding and the fabric for at least an hour.
- Pour a pot of boiling water onto the area of the mattress that has urine. Let the water soak into the padding and the fabric for at least an hour.
- Remove the padding and the fabric from the area of the mattress that has urine. Mix 1 cup of baking soda with 2 gallons of water. Wet the area of the mattress with this solution, let it sit for 10 minutes, and then rinse with cool water.
- Let the mattress dry completely.
How to Clean Cat Urine from Carpet
If you’ve ever had to clean up after your cat, you know that their urine can be a real pain to get out of just about anything. Luckily, there are a few simple steps you can take to clean up after your feline friend no matter where their mess happens to be.
First, make sure to get as much of the urine as possible with a wet cloth. If the urine has dried, you can try using a vacuum cleaner with the hose attachment. Be sure to use the right kind of cleaner and avoid using harsh chemicals.
If the urine has stained your carpet, there is still hope. Follow these steps:
- Wet the area with water
- Apply a cleaning agent specifically designed for carpets
- Let the agent work for a few minutes
- Rinse the area with clean water
- Dry the area thoroughly
How to Clean Cat Urine from Furniture
If you have a cat, you know that they love to mark their territory. One way that they do this is by spraying urine on the walls, furniture, and other surfaces. Unfortunately, this urine can be difficult to get rid of, especially if it’s on furniture that you can’t reach. Here are some tips on how to clean cat urine from furniture:
- Get a bucket of warm water and a cloth towel.
- Wet the cloth towel and wring it out.
- Place the cloth towel over the urine spot on the furniture and blot the urine up with the towel.
- Let the towel sit for a few minutes, then blot the urine again.
- Repeat these steps until the urine is gone.
Another option is to pour a pot of boiling water onto the urine-soaked area, cover it with a cloth, and let it sit for about 10 minutes. Then use a plunger to suction onto the cloth and suck up all of the liquid. Finally, hose down the area using cold water.